Avocado and boiled egg salad
This is one of 3 recipes that has been designed to be a quick, healthy nutritious lunch that you can make at work. If you've got a busy job and you don't have much time to prepare food this recipe is for you. I designed the recipe so that it could be made on a lunch break with utensils you would usually find at work (if you work in an office etc). The ingredients can either be brought from home or bought from a local supermarket. You could prepare the chicken breast or rice in advance or use shop brought versions.
1 Ripe avocado 1/3 Cucumber
Handful of salad leaves
Handful baby tomatoes
1 tbsp yogurt 1 Spring Onion
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
2 boiled eggs
1/2 lemon juice
1. Start by preparring the egg and avocado mix. This will make enough for 2 days depending on how hungry you are! 2. In a small bowl mash the avocado with the back of a fork, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, add a tablespoon of yogurt and a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard and stir to combine.
3. Grab the boiled eggs and chop up, mix in with the avocado.
4. On a plate or bowl arrange a big handful of salad leaves, the chopped tomatoes, cucumber and spring onions.
5. Add the avocado and egg mixture.
6. Tip: the avocado egg mix tastes great on toast!