Banana Protein Pancakes
Pancakes will last wrapped up in the fridge for 1 week. To reheat simply pop two in the toaster. Such a quick and yummy breakfast, my husband has these daily and they keep him going until lunch. Also a great breakfast to support you on your fertility journey.
Makes approx 12 pancakes
1/2 cup organic coconut flour
2 tablespoons great lakes collagen powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
4 tbsp nut butter
4 organic eggs, slightly beaten
1 medium organic banana, mashed
1/2 cup dairy free milk
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
Organic berries and coconut yogurt to serve
1. Start by getting two glass bowls out to work with.
2. In one bowl whisk all dry ingredients together.
3. In the other bowl whisk all the wet ingredients together until smooth. Once the wet ingredients are combined add these to the dry ingredients and continue to mix until smooth.
4. Coconut flour is very sensitive to heat, so the next step is important. Heat frying pan on low heat with a little avocado or coconut oil.
5. Dollop approx 2 tbsp. of mixture into the pan and flatten into a pancake shape.
6. Cook on low and once you start to see bubbles on the top they are ready to flip.
7. Continue until all batter has been used.
8. Serve with coconut yogurt or cashew cream and fresh berries.