Butternut Squash Curry
1 small butternut squash (chopped into cubes)
1 white onion (chopped)
5cm piece of ginger
Large handful of spinach
1 head of broccoli (chopped)
10 green beans (chopped)
2 tbsp curry pasta (I use korma for a mild curry)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
1 can lentils
1. In a deep heavy bottomed pan heat a little olive oil and fry chopped onion and ginger until translucent.
2. Add in chopped squash with a little salt and pepper to season.
3. Add in curry paste and stir to combine.
4. Add in tinned tomatoes and coconut milk.
5. Top up with boiling water so that vegetables are just covered. Bring to the boil then turn down and cook with the lid on for 20 minutes.
6. Add in the drained lentils, green beans, broccoli and spinach.
7. Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the squash and vegetables are cooked through.
8. Serve with sprinkling of cashew nuts for a nice crunch.