Chicken, Avocado and Pomegranate Salad
This is one of 3 recipes that has been designed to be a quick, healthy nutritious lunch that you can make at work. If you've got a busy job and you don't have much time to prepare food this recipe is for you. I designed the recipe so that it could be made on a lunch break with utensils you would usually find at work (if you work in an office etc). The ingredients can either be brought from home or bought from a local supermarket. You could prepare the chicken breast or rice in advance or use shop brought versions.
Ingredients 1/3 cucumber Handful baby tomatoes
1 spring onion 1 chicken breast 1/2 avocado
Handful of salad leaves
1/2 pack of brown rice 2 tbsp mayonaise 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp honey
1. To make the dressing mix the mayonaise, mustard and honey together in a small bowl.
2. Heat half the brown rice in the microwave or enjoy cold.
3. Grab a plate or bowl and place a big handful of salad leaves in and add the rice.
4. Chop the cucumber into slices or half moons, chop the baby tomatoes in half, slice the avocado and spring onion and arrange.
5. Slice the chicken breast and add to the bowl.
6. Drizzle the dressing all over the top and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds.