Chocolate and Raspberry 'Cheese'cake pots
I love these cheesecake pots as a delicious after dinner snack to help hit that sweet spot. They are also a simple but wonderful dinner party dessert, just double the mixture!
Makes: 4 ramekins
1 cup cashew nuts (soaked overnight in water)
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 punnet raspberries
1 can of coconut milk (chilled in the fridge overnight)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Put the soaked cashew nuts (throw away the soaking water) into a blender with cacao powder, vanilla extract and 1/2-1 tbsp. maple syrup and a few drops of water.
2. Blend and add more water scraping down the sides of the blender until you get a smooth but which consistency.
3. Share the chocolate mixture out across 4 ramekins.
4. Pop in the fridge to chill
5. Remove the chilled coconut milk from the fridge and drain away the liquid so that you are left with the hard coconut part.
6. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining maple syrup. Using an electric whisk whip until a whipped cream consistency forms.
7. Remove the ramekins from the fridge and poke raspberries into the chocolate layer.
8. Share the coconut mixture between the 4 pots and top with more raspberries.
9. Keep chilled in the fridge for up to 3 days.