IMMUNE BOOSTING NOODLE SOUP
Everyone knows theres nothing better than a warm chicken soup when you are feeling unwell. This immune boosting noodle soup uses homemade chicken broth. The homemade stock is chocked full of vital nutrients to support your immune system. With added ginger and garlic for their anti viral and anti bacterial properties you will be warding off that cold in no time.
The ingredients can be upped or downed depending on how many you want to serve. This recipe is for 1 person.
5 white mushrooms sliced
0.5 yellow pepper sliced
1 carrot thinly sliced
1 spring onion sliced
200ml bone broth
1 garlic clove
Small piece of ginger grated
0.5 tbsp of tamari
Any other vegetables that need using up from the fridge. Thinly sliced. Frozen edamame beans also work well, make sure they are organic.
1. In a wok or frying pan add a little coconut or avocado oil and add in chopped up vegetables. Stir fry vegetables for 5 minutes or so, saving the spring onion for on top.
2. In a small sauce pan add 200ml bone broth or homemade stock (I keep a supply in jars in my freezer for quick lunches). To the stock add crushed garlic clove, grated ginger and tamari sauce.
3. Cook buckwheat noodles according to packet instructions.
4. Add noodles to bowl with vegetables on top and carefully pour broth over the top.
5. Top with spring onion, sesame seeds and a drizzle of flaxseed oil.