Leek bacon and potato soup
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1 white onion chopped
3 organic leeks, sliced in half lengthways and cut into 1cm chunks
6 rashers organic nitrate free bacon
3-4 medium organic potatoes skin left on and cut into even chunks
1 litre vegetable stock
125ml oat cream (I use Oatly) plus additional for swirling
Sea salt and black pepper
1. in a heavy bottomed pan add chopped onion and leeks. Sauté until leeks have softened and onions are translucent. Remove from pan and set to one side.
2. Add cut up bacon to pan and lightly fry until cooked through.
3. Add leek and onion mixture back into pan along with the potatoes.
4. Cover mixture with stock and bring to the boil. Turn down and leave to simmer for approx 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
5. Using a blender, blend the mixture until completely combined.
6. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
7. Add in the oat cream and serve.