ROASTED VEGETABLE PASTA
The healthy fats in the extra virgin olive oil and seeds are a wonderful way to support hormone balance. Our reproductive hormones are in fact all made from cholesterol. Healthy fats are so important when trying to conceive and throughout the pregnancy journey. They should be enjoyed instead of demonised. Try adding a splash of extra virgin olive oil onto your meals before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
250g brown rice pasta
10 organic white mushrooms
1kg tomatoes cut into quarters
2 red/ yellow peppers
2 red onions cut into quarters
Pack of fresh basil
2 cloves of garlic whole but crushed
Extra virgin olive oil
Sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and pine nuts
Sprinkle of parmesan if you can tolerate it
1. In a large roasting dish spread out cut up tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 25 mins at 180°C.
2. Whilst vegetables are roasting add the pasta to boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
3. Once vegetables and pasta are cooked, add the pasta to the vegetable tray and mix.
4. Add spinach and basil. The heat from the food should wilt the leaves.
5. Serve in four pasta bowls and sprinkle the seeds and parmesan on top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.