Sweet Potato Skins
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hr
For the potatoes
4 medium sized sweet potatoes or 8 small ones
2 garlic cloves
Punnet of cherry tomatoes ( save 8 for the guac!)
Carton of black beans
1 corn on the cob
1 tsp. chipotle paste
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
1 tsp of miso paste
1/4 cup water
For the guacamole
8 cherry tomatoes chopped into 1/4
small handful of fresh coriander chopped
1/2 chilli or more if you like it hot
Salt and pepper for seasoning
See my hummus recipe here
1.Preheat your oven to 180C. Prick each side of the potatoes with a fork and lay out on a baking tray. Roast in the oven for approx 45-1 hour until they are soft. This can be done in advance, which makes the assembling really quick.
2. Whilst the potatoes are in the oven start to prepare the other parts of the meal.
3. Chop the cherry tomatoes up roughly and add to a large frying pan. Add the black beans, corn from the cob, garlic, chipotle, apple cider vinegar and miso paste and stir. Add the water and let everything cook together for 10 minutes or so. Remove from the heat and keep to one side.
4. To make the guacamole chop the cherry tomatoes and chilli and add to a bowl with two mashed up avocados, mix everything together, add in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
5. Make the hummus recipe here or you could use shop bought but look for one without a long list of ingredients and additives.
6. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, removed from the oven. Slice them in half and scoop out the flesh. Add the flesh into the frying pan and combine with the black bean mixture.
7. Transfer the mixture back into the sweet potato skins
8. Top with guacamole and hummus and enjoy!